Reseña | Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

jueves, 8 de octubre de 2015

Title: Since You've Been Gone
Author: Morgan Matson
Publication Date: May 6th, 2014
Source: Simon & Schuster, Inc
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads


Summary: It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.


On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?
Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.
Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?
Kiss a stranger? Um... 

Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane's list. Who knows what she’ll find?
Go skinny-dipping? Wait...what?


Well, I got this copy on Amazon, since I heard really good things about this book, and about how the cover was really pretty, and let me tell you that yes, it is really pretty. 

Anyways this book was really cute, I had really good expectation because I've read  Second Chance Summer and it was really good,  but I really liked how this book was all about friendship, and not romance, because yes, it has romance but it is not the principal thing on this book. Emily is a girl who is really shy and never had a problem with her being Sloane ghost, she liked that way and never complain about it, until one day Sloane just disappears without saying nothing, and after a few days that Emily has call her and trying to contact her, she got a list from Sloane, when it says thirteen things to do while Sloane it is not there, and she decides to do it because she thinks that after doing it, it is going to lead her to Sloane, and that's when the ride starts.
Let me tell you first that I first I was a little bit desperate because I thought she was too shy, which I think it was a problem of me, because everyone is different, and some people is more shy than another, and there is no one to blame. And I was really happy that she, even if it was by herself, did everything, like there was some stuff that I myself wouldn't do, like you go Emily! Then she stars meeting more people and making friends, and one of them is Frank Porter, who is the intelligent guy of their high school, and she has never talk to him, and with the help of him, and two other friends, she starts to do the list, and while doing it, she found out that she actually can make friends without Sloane there!
While I thought this book was sometimes a little bit of slow, I loved how focus on the friendship was, because you can appreciate friendship. This a book to read in summer if I am honest, because you literally want to do everything that it says on the list, like EVERYTHING.
Honestly I think there were a few themes, ONE in particularly that after I finished that book I was like Wait what happened with that?! And I thought it was me, that I probably didn't remember, but nope, the writer didn't resolved , and I was pretty mad about, and I'm still mad about, probably for that I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. 
This was a really pretty, cute and nice, and it was really fast reading, even if it has 449 pages omg. I recommend this book to read over the summer, because I think you're going to enjoy it more!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Santa Template by Mery's Notebook © 2014